At North Ajax dental, our goal is to help you keep your teeth for a lifetime. We thoroughly assess a tooth for all other solutions before removing it, sometimes the only solution is to extract a tooth that is beyond repair. We pride ourselves in being able to educate our patients on their options and only resort to extractions as a final solution when nothing else can be done to save a tooth.
When should I consider tooth extraction as a treatment?
- If the infected tooth has caused damage to the root
- When a tooth prevents the growth of an adjacent tooth
- In cases of severe gum / periodontal disease
- For a repeated untreatable abscess on the gums or surrounding your teeth
- Crowded teeth / mouth-prior to denture or braces to cure overcrowded teeth
- If impacted wisdom teeth do not fit in the jaw or are causing pain
- If other diseases and medication prompt removal
Come visit us our office today if you think you need a tooth extraction.